We're Looking for a Packaging Folk!
Hi all, we're looking to add to our production staff. Primarily packaging focused but this is a position that could be great for folks looking to get into the industry.
Position: Packaging Technician
Here at Against the Grain, we give every fuck. We are unabashedly unique in our efforts to share our good times with the world.
About the Job
Packaging Technicians focus on the aesthetics and transportation of our beers. This includes but is not limited to slapping 4pks on cans, filling and labeling bottles, operating the canning lines, cleaning canning/bottling lines, maintaining overall brewery cleanliness and safety, organizing packaging and shipping materials, participating in QC/QA of various packaging lines, listening to bad jokes, picking up lunch, dishing out equally bad jokes, occasionally operating a pallet jack or forklift as well as representing the brand at occasional events. This position reports directly to the rest of the brewing team.
• Conduct Startup & Shut down of tabletop bottler
• Slap Pakteks & Stack Cases
• Maintain a safe and organized work environment
• Adhere to safety protocols
• Keg exterior cleaning
• Reporting clean/dirty keg inventories
• Operating the Keg washer
• Various other janitorial type tasks as dictated
Important Skills & Abilities
• A strong work ethic and a drive to be excellent, the ability to multi task and prioritize assignments, taking direction, being a self-starter, and also recognizing that the entire brewing staff is a team working towards the same goal is essential
• Must be punctual, self-motivated, and be able to communicate with AtG staff and our customers effectively
• Ability to problem solve , provide input, and work through difficult challenges while maintaining a sense of humor about whatever the issue may be.
• Ability to continuously walk, bend, jump, stand, summersault; move 30# constantly through 8 hours, manage to move upwards of 75# on a regular basis.
• Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment working around hot and cold water, caustic chemicals, various different temperature and moisture environments, hazardous equipment, odors, and chemicals
• Ability to work in high noise environments
• Flexibility of schedule: Duties may include nights, weekends, or early mornings depending on our production needs. You work until the job is done or someone else is taking over.
• A strong desire to learn and develop as a member of the team is essential
• A passion for the craft is also a must
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to follow written and verbal SOPs/direction
• Verbal and non-verbal communication skills
• Ability to lift 30 pounds and up, bend, twist, stand
• Previous beer experience a plus but not required
Please email your resume along with a cover letter describing your intentions and why you want to work for Against The Grain to firstname.lastname@example.org. The file format should be .rtf for consideration and the title of the email should be AtG Packaging Technician.