We're Hiring a Sales/Brand Ambassador!
Position Type: Full-time
Job Title: Against the Grain Sales & Brand Ambassador
Hours Per Week: 40
Wage: Salary negotiable
- To be the driving sales force and face that represents all aspects of Against the Grain in designated territory. (Kentucky)
- Understanding and knowledge of Against the Grain brands, products, and ethics.
- Ensures that markets, distributors, accounts, and consumers are touched with the appropriate frequency
◦ The Sales/Brand Ambassador is 100% prepared to sell at all times with samples, information, and support materials.
◦ 4 out of 5 days expected in market actively selling Against the Grain products.
◦ Be prepared in market with a plan that uses anecdotal or syndicated data, while visiting identified list of accounts (on/off premise- top, middle, lower tier).
◦ Scheduled time spent with distributor reps in work-with/ride along settings (1 per month).
◦ Consumer interactions while executing beer festivals, tasting, events, etc. (par level set based on season)
- Knowledgeable of alcohol industry dynamics, competitive products/distributors, and specific understanding of local laws and regulations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with distribution management and sales team (Dauntless Distributing) within specific territory (KY) in order to increase sales and visibility of Against the Grain products. Maintain clear, proactive, and decisive communication with Dauntless to educate, keep up to date, informed, and aware of incoming inventory/new brands/special releases/etc. (Trajectory of Sales/Pre-Sales)
- Develop on-and-off-premise account placements and relationships within KY. Focus exclusively on selling and/or increasing number of Against the Grain brands in ALL retail accounts, while remaining focal to specific account wants and needs (bars/restaurants, liquor, grocery, and convenient stores).
- Identify major opportunities that are not being penetrated with our products, create a plan of attack with sales manager to establish business with said accounts, and provide continuing follow-up support.
- Improving conditions and merchandising accounts by building displays, resetting coolers by facing and fronting product, and displaying/providing point of sale items to increase the overall visibility of the brand.
- Coordinate and execute tastings, promotions, on-premise events and beer festivals within responsible territory effectively and as frequently as possible within parameters set forth by Sales Manager.
- Conduct tastings/beer schools and tours of Portland production facility for buyers, managers, waitstaff, and bartenders at accounts to better help them identify with ATG as a brand. To help create a proponent outside of our company that stands by the merit of our brand/beer and helps hand-sell beer at the consumer level.
- Recommend and refer Against the Grain products to customers based on their specific needs, by providing cost analysis, specific brand details, and merit of product over competitors.
- Assess and trouble-shoot any customer problems/issues with brand or distributor with the utmost urgency. Including but not limited to: dated/damaged product, inconsistent product, distributor qualms, etc.
- Have point of sale items stocked and available for accounts that request/need them. Including but not limited to: tap handles, coasters, posters, koozies, stickers, general product descriptions, and apparel.
- Maintain clear and decisive communication with brewery, production, and sales management teams regarding progress in specific territory to better facilitate the needs within said territory.
- Weekly Sales Meetings & Progress Reports: Organize and maintain detailed reports including but not limited to; expenses (monthly), progress reports (weekly), depletions, allocations, merchandise requests, etc.
- Carry one's self in a professional and responsible manner when selling, promoting, serving, and consuming alcohol.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. (Verbal and Written)
- Strong organizational skills to help execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Cover the entire market effectively with the willingness to travel regularly.
- Proficient problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must complete TIPS Alcohol Training within 3 months of hire date.
If interested, please email cover letter and resume to Daniel Thompson at email@example.com with the subject line reading, “Come at Me Bro!”