This position requires close work with the Production Manager, Warehouse Lead, and Lead Brewer to complete warehouse tasks which include but not limited to: Building orders, Assisting in packaging tasks including canning line assistance, keg filling, and keg washing, miscellaneous warehouse cleaning and maintenance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Constant communication with Production and Warehouse Lead to stay current with schedule changes
- Responsible for loading and unloading of shipments and received goods.
- Maintain an organized and coherent workspace
- Inventorying and organizing all package material, finished product, and miscellaneous items.
- Work with brew staff and package team to assist in all work requiring forklift usage.
- Keeping cooler clean and all product rotated
- Responsible for cleanliness, preventative maintenance and repair of all equipment in warehouse (forklift, pallet wrapper, cooler, shelving, ect) and performing actions as needed.
- Fulfilling tasks related to packaging beer for distribution, (i.e. – working canning line, filling kegs, etc.)
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS OR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote the AtG brand in the consumer sector when visiting bars, restaurants and stores that sell beer.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Quality of work: Attention to detail, conscientious, aware of changes to schedule, lack of mistakes, miscommunications, oversights.
- Quantity of work: Ability to multitask and prioritize in order to complete brewing and cellaring tasks in a timely manner during shift, and see jobs to their completion.
- Judgment: Ability to make and execute correct decisions when necessary or call for help when appropriate.
- Teamwork: Effective in working with others, both within and outside the brewing department. Treat coworkers in a respectful and courteous manner.
- Reliability/Attendance: Schedule is open and available to perform all job duties reasonably and is punctual.
- Knowledge of safe work operations, safety policies and procedures
- Able to drive a forklift
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Communication skills (written and verbal).
- PC proficiency and knowledge of controls software
- Mechanical aptitude
- Able to listen and understand information and ideas presented verbally.
- Able to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted
- Flexible to changing priorities
- Flexible to working a rotating schedule as business needs dictate
- Able to prioritize multiple demands
- Able to work well under pressure and stress
- Able to maintain confidentiality of recipes, processes, procedures, and other internal information
- Able to troubleshoot and solve problems related to product and/or equipment
- Able to wear necessary personal protective equipment.
- Able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Able to tell when something is wrong or likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only the ability recognize there is a problem.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate). Some college with math, science, chemistry courses or brewing specific course work preferred. Experience in brewing and fermentation and/or quality control experience preferred.
LIST THE EQUIPMENT WITH WHICH YOU MUST BE FAMILIAR, OR ARE REQUIRED TO OPERATE OR USE
- Pallet wrapper (manual and semi-auto)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Able to stand for long periods of time (up to 8-10 hours per day).
- Able to frequently lift heavy materials (minimum 55 lb. boxes shoulder high up to 50 times daily).
- Able to frequently climb ladders. Ladder climbing over 20 feet. Able to perform job while standing on a ladder
- Occasional work on tanks over 23 inches high
- Able to work in wet, tight or cramped space.
- Able to work in an environment with high noise levels
- Able to work with hazardous chemicals
- Able to frequently duck under equipment.
- Able to climb stairs.
- Able to work in awkward positions for extended periods of time.
- Able to frequently grasp with one or both hands
- Able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (respirators, ear plugs, boots, etc)
- Exposure to very high noise levels (wearing ear protection)
- Handling of hazardous materials.
- Exposure to hot fluids
- Exposure to pressurized vessels and transfer lines
- Exposure to particulate atmospheres
- Exposure to extremely variable temperature levels
- Wet, slippery floors.
- Wet clothing.
- Exposure to carbon dioxide.
- Performing job with and around moving machinery.
- Exposure to broken glass.
If interested, please send resume to Alex Vogt at Avogt@atgbrewery.com.